DIY - Layer Up Head Chain
Every year at Coachella I suffer with the same dilemma, no electricity at the campsites means no hair straightener! I wanted to create a hair accessory that would accommodate my hair situation for this upcoming weekend. This lovely layered chain provides some bedazzle to an otherwise boring bun.
- 3-4 Different Types of Chains
- 2 Small Jump rings
- 2 Metal Cord Tips
- 2 Thick Bobby Pins
- E - 6000 Glue
- Measuring Tape
1. Begin my setting up the template of how you want your chains to layer down. Using your measuring tape, measure each chain one inch longer as you layer down, and trim. I started with 8 inches, then 9, 10, and finally the rhinestone chain at 11 inches long.
2. Next, take one of your jump rings and begin to insert the chains in the order of your template. Repeat with opposite end of your chains. Then using your pliers close off hoop.
3. Now that you have a semi looking necklace, take one of your bobby pins and insert the jump hoop through it. Repeat this with second bobby pin on opposite end.
4. Now taking one of your metal cord tips, secure around the bobby pin and close shut. This will secure the chain in place. Repeat with opposite bobby pin and you are all done.
XOXO - Drea
DIY Feather, Chain and Charm Hair Clip Tutorial from Teahab here. I like this tutorial because it isn’t something I’ve seen at local stores and it can be customized in so many ways.
Anyone can make this Coachella-cool fringed crop top courtesy of Sincerely Kinsey. The only materias required are a black t-shirt, some bleach, cardboard, masking tape, and scissors—materials that a lot of us already own! View the complete tutorial on Violet Bella's blog by clicking here.
Where is summer when I need it?